Maya Banks is a bestselling author. She writes stories in the erotic romance genre, also stepping over into romantic suspense and contemporary romance.
She is an American author who has written over 50 novels in her lifetime.
Maya Banks made the New York Times Best Seller list in December 2010. She has also ranked in the USA Today Best Selling Books list.
In 2012, Banks had written a trilogy of romance novels that many people thought was similar to the Fifty Shades trilogy, but she confided that she hasn’t read Fifty Shades Of Grey.
This article will explore Maya Banks’ work. It will also explore some authors like Maya Banks for those who are looking for something else to read!
If you love Maya Banks’ work then you will also love the work of some similar authors. Some authors similar to Maya Banks are Julie Garwood, Lynsay Sands and Sylvia Day.
If you enjoy Maya Banks, read some of the books that are recommended in this article by authors like Banks (see also “Authors Like Maggie Shayne“)!
Books By Maya Banks
Banks lives with her husband and three children in Texas. She spends a lot of time reading and writing and when she is doing so, she prefers to have silence so that she can concentrate.
She writes erotic romance fiction and she has been doing so for many years. She has written over 60 books, many of which have been awarded different titles.
Maya Banks’ Themes And Writing Style
Maya Banks writes erotic romance fiction. The themes that run through this style of writing are commonly found in lots of writers of erotic romance fiction (If you like the romance fiction genre, check out the works of Susan Wiggs and similar authors like her here). You will find themes of love and passion in these novels.
These themes are seen in all of her work, and you will find them in the work of a lot of other authors.
Authors Like Maya Banks
There are many authors similar to Maya Banks. These include:
Julie Garwood writes in a very similar way to Maya Banks. If you love the novels of Banks, you will also enjoy Julie Garwood.
Julie was brought up with Irish heritage so she had a brilliant flair for storytelling. She was the sixth of seven children and was very imaginative in her youth, so it was no surprise that she became an author.
Julie only started to make writing her career after she had had children. She published two young adult books that you will absolutely love if you like the work of Maya Banks.
Her novel For the Roses is also definitely one to read if you like Maya Banks.
Like Maya Banks, Julie Garwood writes romance novels. You will see many of the same themes running through both of these works. Garwood focuses on themes of loyalty and honor, as well as love and passion.
- Julie Garwood has written many novels. If you get into her works, you will never run out of things to read! You won’t be disappointed with any of the novels that Garwood releases.
- Garwood’s novels sometimes involve themes that are a bit different from the themes of Maya Banks.
- She focuses heavily on setting her work in historical settings which is not similar to the settings of Maya Banks. Sometimes these settings are in Scotland or England in medieval times.
Themes: Romance, passion, honor, love
Sylvia Day was born in 1973. She is a Japanese American Writer. She is a very successful author and she is a number one bestselling author in 29 different countries.
Day sometimes writes under different pseudonyms including S.J Day and Livia Dare.
Sylvia Day’s most successful collection of books is her Crossfire series. In 2013, she received an eight figure deal for agreeing to write two more books for this series.
She has written many different books over the years and she writes mainly in the romance genre. She was on the board of directors for the Romance Writers of America board and she became the 22nd president of the guild.
Day’s Crossfire series is very successful. Over 13 million copies have been printed in over 40 different countries around the world.
If you love the work of Maya Banks, you should definitely give Day a read! Try the Crossfire series starting with the novel Bared To You which was published in 2012. The series has five books and the final book One With You was published in 2016.
Sylvia Day writes in the romance book genre. Many of the themes that you see in the works of Maya Banks, you will also see in Sylvia Day’s work. She focuses on themes of nature throughout her work, too.
- Sylvia Day is a very well known author. If you enjoy talking about the books that you have read with others, then you have a good chance that they will have read the work of Sylvia Day.
- She is very successful and has won lots of awards for her work.
- Sylvia Day has written many different novels so it can sometimes be difficult to know where to start! If you are struggling with this, then any novel that you choose by Sylvia will definitely fulfill your desires! The Crossfire series is a very good place to start.
Themes: Romance, love, nature, sensuality
Lynsay Sands is a Canadian author. She was born in Ontario and she has written over 30 books.
She is well known for the way that she writes in the romance genre as it stands out from some other authors. She is very popular for the humor that she puts into her novels.
Her best known novels are the Argeneau series. This series is about a family of vampires. There are 30 novels in this series.
If you enjoy Maya Banks, this is a good place to start as you are very likely to enjoy Sands’ novels too!
Start with A Quick Bite which is the first in the series. This novel was published in September 2003. Love Bites is the book that follows, and it is definitely worth a read!
Luckily for you, you won’t run out of novels in this series very quickly as there are so many to sink your teeth into!
Like Maya Banks, Lynsay Sands writes in the romance genre. There are many themes that crossover and run through the work of both of these authors, such as passion and romance.
- Lynsay Sands has written many different novels so you won’t run out of books to read anytime soon if you get into her work!
- In the Crossfire series alone, there are over 30 books, all of which are adored by fans.
- If you don’t like vampire novels, then Lynsay Sands won’t be for you. This series focuses on a modern vampire family, so you are unlikely to be able to escape this.
Themes: Passion, romance, monsters, vampires, humor
There are many authors similar to Maya Banks. These include Lynsay Sands, Sylvia Day and Julie Garwood. Now that you have read this article, you will have a detailed understanding of Maya Banks’ work.
You will also have an understanding of some of the authors who are similar to Banks.
If you love the work of Maya Banks and you’re looking for something similar to read, you should give some of the novels by the writers mentioned in this article a read! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Authors Are Similar To Maya Banks?
There are many authors that are similar to Maya Banks. These include Lynsay Sands, Sylvia Day and Julie Garwood. They all write novels that are fairly similar to other authors of the same genre.
They also contain many of the same themes as some other Maya Banks novels.
What Genre Does Maya Banks Write?
Maya Banks writes novels in the romantic suspense genre as well as the erotic romance genre. Some of her novels are also in the historical romance genre.
Where Was Maya Banks Born?
Maya Banks lives with her husband and three children in Texas. She loves to read and write, and this is what she spends a lot of her time doing.
She loves to have quiet when she is writing to allow her to concentrate.
- 20 Must-Read Genre-Blending Literary Fiction Books - May 26, 2023
- 32 Gripping Epic Fantasy Books To Transport You To Another World - May 26, 2023
- 12 Books Like Red, White, And Royal Blue You Will Love - May 17, 2023