American novelist Yasmine Galenorn publishes books about paranormal romance, mystery, and urban fantasy.
For her Bath and Body series, she had previously written under the pseudonym India Ink.
Before going independent in 2016, she spent 20 years writing for traditional publishers.
It is known that Yasmine Galenorn is the author of more than 80 books and various series (see also “Authors Like Addison Cain“).
This includes the Bewitching Bedlam Series, the Otherworld Series, the Fury Unbound Series, the Moonshadow Bay Series, and the Wild Hunt Series.
Yasmine is most well known for her “Otherworld” series.
In this article, we will discuss Yasmine Galenorn and the books she is most renowned for.
In addition to that, we will reveal other authors that are similar to Yasmine Galenorn that you should know about.
If you are a fan of Yasmine Galenorn’s The Otherworld series, then you are going to enjoy the works of similar authors such as Keri Arthur, Dannika Dark, and Laurell K. Hamilton. Keep reading to discover which books you need to check out.
Books By Yasmine Galenorn
Yasmine Galenorn has been writing books since 1996. Her most popular series includes the Otherworld series.
The D’Artigo Sisters, three beautiful and wild members of the Otherworld Intelligence Agency who are half human and half Fae, are the focus of this book series.
A witch named Camille, a were-cat named Delilah, and a former acrobat turned vampire named Menolly are dispatched to Earth.
They work to save two different worlds, one monster at a time. They must stop Shadow Wing, the Demon Lord, with the help of friends and lovers.
Overall, the most common themes found throughout the majority of Yasmine Galenorn’s writing include romance, the paranormal, and the supernatural.
If you are a fan of fantasy with strong female leading characters, then you will enjoy Yasmine Galenorn’s work.
Galenorn considers herself a Shamanic Witch.
Therefore, you will find a lot of her writing focuses on magic.
In particular, the Wild Hunt Series is about Fae gods and courts that are about to go into chaos unless the character, Ember, helps to maintain the balance of the world.
The Bewitching Bedlam series, another popular series for Galenorn, follows the witch, Maddy. She meets her match after moving to Bedlam, in the vampire Aegis.
Authors Like Yasmine Galenorn
Laurell K. Hamilton
One of the top authors of paranormal literature is Laurell K. Hamilton.
Hamilton, a #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is the creator of the well-known A Merry Gentry series and Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series.
Anita Blake is Hamilton’s more successful book series. It follows Anita who, similar to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, spends her day hunting and searching for vampires.
These stories are gripping to read. Hamilton often follows themes inspired by mythology and ghost stories.
- Laurell has published over 40 books, so you have plenty of options to choose from.
- This author has been accredited as the #1 New York Times Bestselling writer.
- Laurell, just like Galenorn, is inspired by folklore (If you like stories with folklore aspects, check out the works of Authors Like Juliet Marillier).
- Unlike Galenron, Laurell doesn’t write about witches. Which is a disadvantage if that is what you love about Galenorn’s work.
Themes: Mythology, Paranormal, Supernatural, Vampires
Fantasy, horror, and romance novelist Keri Arthur has completed 26 novels since she started writing at the age of 12.
Numerous awards and nominations have been given to her books, including the PNR’s PEARL Awards and Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Awards.
Her most well-known works are her paranormal romance books, including Kissing Sin and Full Moon Rising.
These books by Arthur center on Riley Jenson, who is an unusual mix of a werewolf and vampire, and her twin brother Rhoan.
They are probably Arthur’s best-known works.
- Arthur, just like Galenorn, writes stories that romanize supernatural creatures like vampires and werewolves.
- Arthur’s horror books grip the reader’s attention.
- Arthur is a well-established novelist in this genre and has won various romance writing awards.
- Due to there being so many series to choose from, it can be daunting knowing where you should begin.
Themes: Fantasy, Horror, Supernatural Characters, Family, Love
Chloe Neill specializes in writing paranormal romance and urban fantasy (If you liked her works, check out the works of Authors Like Cheyenne McCray).
The novels from the Chicagoland Vampires series are Neill’s most well-known books. Some of her most popular books include Devouring Darkness and Midnight Marked.
These books follow strong women who believe they should be able to make their own choices in these supernatural worlds.
- Galenorn is beloved as she writes stories about strong-minded women. The same can be said for Neill’s writing.
- Vampires are a common theme across all of Neill’s work, just as with Galenron.
- A lot of Neill’s work is set in the modern day, making it easy to follow the stories and characters.
- Neill usually writes about vampires and doesn’t explore too much more of the supernatural world.
Themes: Feminism, Vampires, Romance. Urban Fantasy.
American author Jennifer Black writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and young adult fantasy books.
Jenna Black has written various series and books for you to enjoy.
Some of her more popular series include the Immortal Huntress series and The Faeriewalker series, which combine romance and the world of fae.
- Black creates thought-through worlds that make her books a joy to read.
- If you are a reader who enjoys delving into a series, then Black is perfect for you as she has various series for you to enjoy.
- Just like Galenorn, Black’s writing draws you in. You never know what is going to happen to the characters next.
- There is always a lot going on with Black’s books. Hence, sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of everything that has happened.
Themes: Love, family, friendship, fantasy, paranormal, adventure.
NYT best-selling author Eileen Wilks’ books focus on urban fantasy and romance.
Wilks’s first book was The Loner and the Lady, a Silhouette Desire, which debuted on May 30, 1996. It was the 1996 Romantic Times Best First Short Contemporary nominee.
Her most recent series, World of the Lupi, has created great success. In this series, werewolves and magic coexist on an earth similar to our own.
Wilks has since reached the New York Times Bestsellers list with her book Blood Challenge (2011), which is book number 14 in this series.
- Wilk creates captivating stories that will hook you from the first page.
- Galenorn likes to write about magic, and Wilk’s most popular book series centers on magic coexisting in our modern world.
- Wilks’ work strikes just the right balance between romance and the supernatural.
- These books may not be as dark as Galenorn’s work.
Themes: Friendship, magic, werewolves, romance, sci-fi.
A nine-time USA Today Bestselling Author of urban fantasy romance and paranormal romance. Dannika Dark enjoys writing both genres.
Readers have been hooked by Dannika Dark’s heart-pounding urban fantasy and paranormal romances for more than ten years (If you like paranormal romance genres with fantasy aspects, check out Books Like Nightfall).
The Crossbreed series, an urban fantasy with complex characters and lots of passion, is one of her best-selling book series.
The Black Arrowhead Series is another option to consider. It combines wonderful tales, magic, romance, and action.
- Dark has written stories about really strong and empowering women, that anyone could relate to.
- There is plenty of action in Dark’s work that helps to keep her stories going.
- Just like Galenorn, Dark has created multilayered characters that are interesting to get to know.
- Dark doesn’t write much about supernatural creatures, unlike Galenorn. Instead, her focus is solely on magic.
Themes: Feminism, romance, adventure, friendship, relationships, and magic.
A leading author of paranormal, fantasy, and romance novels is Yasmine Galenorn. Over the years, she has written a number of books that have garnered positive reviews.
Her writing frequently deals with the paranormal, such as vampires, werewolves, and witches.
As you can see above, there are many additional authors to look into if you happen to run out of Galenorn books to enjoy.
All the authors we’ve listed in this article write novels with Galenorn-like themes.
We hope you have enjoyed this article and found some more books that you can’t wait to sink your teeth into!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Awards Has Yasmine Galenorn Received?
In 2012, Yasmine Galenorn won the Career Achievement Award in Urban Fantasy at the Romantic Times Convention.
What Are Yasmine Galenorn’s Favorite Books?
In an interview, Yasmine Galenorn revealed that some of her favorite books include Lord of the Rings, Watership Down, Rebecca and Anything by Ray Bradbury.
Why Has Yasmine Become An Indie Author?
Yasmine realized that by being an indie author that she had a lot more freedom on books she could continue to write.
By being her own publisher now, she has much more control over what she can release.
- Harry Potter Book Order (7 Books & Which Order To Read Them) - March 22, 2023
- Horus Heresy Book Order - March 22, 2023
- Urban Fantasy At Its Best: 17 Dresden Files Book Order - March 22, 2023