If you’re a fan of young adult fiction, you’ve likely heard of the Fallen book series by Lauren Kate.
This thrilling and romantic series follows the story of Luce Price, a teenage girl who finds herself drawn to the mysterious and dangerous Daniel Grigori.
But as she discovers more about his past and their shared history, Luce realizes that their love may have cosmic consequences.
The Fallen series has captured the hearts of readers worldwide since the release of the first book, Fallen, in 2009.
Since then, Kate has published four more books in the series, including Torment, Passion, Fallen In Love, Rapture, and Unforgiven.
Each book is filled with intrigue, angels, and supernatural powers that keep readers on the edge of their seats.
Lauren Kate is a New York Times and internationally bestselling author known for her unique storytelling and ability to create vivid and unforgettable characters.
With over 10 million copies of her books sold worldwide, Kate has solidified her place as one of the most popular young adult authors of the past decade.
Whether you’re a longtime fan of the series or just discovering it for the first time, this guide will help you navigate the reading order of the Fallen book series and immerse yourself in its thrilling world.
Luce Price is a teenage girl who is sent to a reform school after being accused of a crime she did not commit.
There, she meets the brooding and mysterious Daniel Grigori, with whom she feels an instant and intense connection.
As Luce begins to unravel the secrets of the school and her own past, she discovers that Daniel is not a normal teenager, but rather an angel who has been in love with her for centuries.
However, their love is complicated by a curse that dooms them to be separated by death, again and again.
Throughout the series, Luce and Daniel must navigate their tumultuous relationship while battling supernatural forces and uncovering the truth about their past lives.
Along the way, they are joined by a cast of memorable characters, including the charming and flirtatious Cam Briel, the loyal and protective Penn, and the enigmatic and powerful fallen angel, Lucifer.
Themes explored in the series include love, destiny, redemption, and the battle between good and evil.
With its intricate mythology, well-developed characters, and intense romance, the Fallen series has become a beloved favorite among young adult readers.
Fallen Books In Order
The first book in the series introduces us to Luce Price, a troubled teenager who is sent to the Sword & Cross boarding school after a mysterious fire.
There, she meets the handsome and mysterious Daniel Grigori, and feels an instant connection to him.
However, as Luce investigates the secrets of the school and her past, she discovers that Daniel is not a normal teenager, but an angel who has been in love with her for centuries.
But their love is complicated by a curse that forces them apart, again and again, and the presence of other supernatural forces that threaten their relationship.
- An intriguing premise that combines romance, supernatural elements, and mystery
- Strong chemistry between the main characters, Luce and Daniel
- Compelling setting with the eerie Sword & Cross boarding school
- Action-packed climax that sets the stage for the rest of the series
- Slow pacing in the beginning as the story sets up the premise and introduces the characters
- Some readers may find Luce’s naive and passive personality frustrating
- Lack of development for some supporting characters
In the second book of the series, Luce is determined to find a way to break the curse that keeps her and Daniel apart.
With the help of her new friend Miles and the enigmatic Cam, Luce delves deeper into the mysteries of her past lives and the supernatural forces that seem determined to keep her and Daniel apart.
Along the way, Luce learns more about the other fallen angels who have played a role in her and Daniel’s story, and discovers some shocking secrets about her past.
- Expands on the world-building and mythology of the series
- Introduces new characters that add depth to the story
Reveals more about Daniel’s past and motivations
- Slow pacing in the middle as Luce explores different time periods
- Some readers may find the love triangle between Luce, Daniel, and Cam frustrating
- Some plot points feel repetitive from the first book
In Passion, Luce travels back through her past lives in an attempt to understand the curse that binds her and Daniel.
She visits different time periods and meets her past selves and other fallen angels who have shaped her destiny.
As she pieces together the puzzle of her past, Luce learns more about her true purpose and her connection to Daniel.
- Fast-paced and action-packed as Luce travels through different time periods
- Reveals more about the supporting characters, particularly Cam and Arianne
- Surprising plot twists and revelations
- Lack of focus on the present-day storyline and characters
- Some readers may find the time-traveling aspect confusing or disorienting
- Some plot points feel contrived or forced
This novella is set in the world of the Fallen series, and was released between the third and fourth full-length books in the series.
The book consists of four interconnected stories that follow some supporting characters from the series as they navigate their own romantic relationships.
The first story follows Miles and Shelby, two friends of Luce’s who fall in love while working together on a school project.
The second story follows Roland, a fallen angel who has been searching for a way to redeem himself, as he meets a girl named Arriane and helps her through a difficult time in her life.
The third story follows Arianne herself, as she falls for a girl named Tess, who has a surprising connection to her past.
The final story features Luce and Daniel, as they celebrate their first Valentine’s Day together.
- Provides more insight into the lives and loves of the supporting characters
- Offers a lighter, more romantic tone compared to the rest of the series
- Offers a satisfying conclusion with Luce and Daniel’s Valentine’s Day celebration
- Short length compared to the other books in the series
- May feel less essential to the main plot of the series
- Some readers may find some romantic pairings less interesting than others
The final book in the series sees Luce and Daniel facing their biggest challenge yet as they try to prevent Lucifer from unleashing chaos on Earth.
With the help of their friends and allies, Luce and Daniel must fight against evil forces and make a choice that will determine the fate of their love and the world.
Along the way, Luce learns more about her true nature and her connection to the fallen angels.
- Conclusion that brings together all of the elements of the series
- Satisfying resolution to the series’ central mystery
- Offers closure for the main characters’ storylines
- Some plot points feel rushed or underdeveloped
- Some readers may find the ending bittersweet or unsatisfying
This spin-off novel follows the story of Cam, one of the series’ most popular characters.
After being cast out of Heaven and falling in love with Luce, Cam sets out on a journey of redemption to earn his place back in the angels’ favor.
Along the way, he learns more about his past and his connection to Luce and Daniel.
- Provides a fresh perspective on one of the series’ most intriguing characters, Cam
- Offers a new storyline with its own unique twists and turns
- Continues to expand on the mythology of the Fallen universe
- May feel less essential to the main plot of the series
- Some readers may find it difficult to sympathize with Cam’s character arc
- Some readers may feel that the ending is too open-ended or unsatisfying
After exploring the Fallen book series in depth, it is clear that this is a gripping and immersive story that has captured the hearts of readers worldwide.
With its blend of romance, fantasy, and mystery, the series is a perfect escape into a world of fallen angels and supernatural intrigue.
One of the most appealing aspects of the series is the characters.
Luce is a relatable protagonist who is easy to root for, while Daniel is the quintessential romantic hero with a mysterious past.
The supporting cast is just as compelling, with characters like Cam, Miles, and Arianne adding depth and nuance to the story.
Another strength of the series is its world-building. Lauren Kate has created a rich and detailed universe filled with supernatural beings and ancient myths.
From the eerie Sword & Cross boarding school to the lush landscapes of different time periods, the series takes readers on a thrilling journey through history and the supernatural.
Ultimately, the Fallen book series is a must-read for fans of YA fantasy and paranormal romance.
With its swoon-worthy love story and imaginative world-building, this series is sure to keep readers hooked from beginning to end.
Whether you’re a longtime fan or a new reader, the Fallen series is a journey you won’t want to miss.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Need To Read The Fallen Books In Order?
Yes, in order for the series to make sense, you will need to read the books in order.
How Many Books Are There In The Fallen Series?
There are 4 main books in the series, with “Fallen In Love” acting as a part-way between “Passion” and “Rapture”, while “Unforgiven” is a spin-off based on Cam.
What Genre Is The Fallen Book Series?
The Fallen book series is a Young Adult book series that fall under the genre of paranormal romance